(Monday) 10:00 am - 3:00 pm
Coleridge Community College
Radegund Rd, Cambridge CB1 3RJ
length of course
Brief Description: Drawing can be done for pleasure, relaxation or with a more defined purpose. The course will explore what drawing is, what it can be for and why we do
Drawing can be done for pleasure, relaxation or with a more defined purpose. The course will explore what drawing is, what it can be for and why we do it. We will cover practical aspects of drawing, mark making and creating the illusion of 3 Dimensions. We will also explore different media and how to look, examine and see what is actually there.
- The course will enable learners to see in new ways, changing perception of the visual world.
- Develop a visual language through experimentation and widen understanding of what drawing is.
- Gain in confidence through problem solving.
- Identify a range of marks to get the effect they want.
- Identify shapes and tones to create an image.
- Use line and tone to express themselves.
- Select what is important and what to leave out.
Materials needed for the day:
Most materials will be provided but advice will be given on any additional requirements.
No previous experience necessary, the course is designed for all levels.
TO BOOK YOUR PLACE
£40 – To book onto this course please call the office on 01223 712340 to pay with card
Clive RiggsClive is a full elected member of the Society of Graphic Fine Art, a professional tutor, painter, printmaker and demonstrator with more than 18 years’ experience.