(Saturday) 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Parkside Community College
Parkside, Cambridge, CB1 1EH
length of course
Book a place on the course
Brief Description: This Adobe Photoshop Beginners course is designed to teach you the fundamentals skills you need in the shortest possible period of time. You will gain an essential knowledge needed
This Adobe Photoshop Beginners course is designed to teach you the fundamentals skills you need in the shortest possible period of time. You will gain an essential knowledge needed to create and edit images in Photoshop. You will be using CS4 on the computers provided. If you would prefer to bring your own laptop with a different version you are welcome to. Please note: There will be slight differences between the versions.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
· Use basic image manipulation techniques to alter and / or combine multiple images
· Create a composite layout using images, graphics and text
· Gain a fundamental understanding of layout and principles in advertising
· Prepare digital files for use in print and digital applications
Previous Experience and Knowledge Needed?
Competent computer / IT skills, basic use of digital camera
File types for print and web
• Working with layers
• Adjustment layers and techniques
• Selection techniques and selection refining tools
• Masks and their application
• Compositing images; merging and blending techniques
Extra costs on the course for example text book, materials or equipment:
For the session you will need to bring:
Digital camera, memory card, connection cable or memory card reader
On completion of this course, what might your next steps be?
On completion of this course, you will be confident in creating photoshop layout using non-invasive techniques to manipulate images, layers, graphics and text. You will also be able to create layouts for advertising and prepare digital files for use in print or digital publications.
The Learn and Train office is able to give course information or search for alternative courses for you.
Regina RaychevaI am an industry professional with experience in advertising and marketing. I have been teaching advanced photography, page layout and digital publishing.