(Saturday) 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Parkside Community College
Parkside, Cambridge, CB1 1EH
length of course
Book a place on the course
Brief Description This is a one day course (six hours) run by colleges as a Saturday School and delivered to organisations during the working week. The rich subject material will help
This is a one day course (six hours) run by colleges as a Saturday School and delivered to organisations during the working week. The rich subject material will help parents and professionals alike come to a greater understanding of child development as seen from a psychological perspective.
Previous Experience and Knowledge Needed?
No previous experience or knowledge necessary.
Attachment and Bonding
• How bonding occurs and how our attachment style affects our relationships.
How we Learn
• How do we actually learn things? Memory and attention. Reinforcement.
Social Learning Theory Group Psychology. Social Positioning
• How we form social ties.
• What actually is Autism? How is it described in the DSM V?
• How does Language develop? The components of language. Dyslexia.
• What is the difference between moral and ethical behaviour? from where? Kohlbergs theory.
Extra costs on the course for example text book, materials or equipment:
For the session you will need to bring:
Writing pad and pen
On completion of this course, what might your next steps be?
Your tutor will advise you on future courses or day schools.
The Learn and Train office is able to give course information or search for alternative courses for you.