January 16 (Wednesday) 6:30 pm - March 27 (Wednesday) 8:30 pm
Coleridge Community College
Radegund Rd, Cambridge CB1 3RJ
length of course
Brief Description Over the last few decades computers have become more and more important within the workplace. With PC use increasing and the internet becoming more accessible, computer skills and a
Over the last few decades computers have become more and more important within the workplace. With PC use increasing and the internet becoming more accessible, computer skills and a familiarity with the internet have increasingly become a requirement for jobs.
This course will take you from basic PC and Internet skills through Word and Excel, to using PowerPoint. You will also be using Gmail as a means to communicate with your tutor and peers. We build our lessons around learners’ needs so whether that’s creating tables and brochures, or using formulas and slideshows; this course will give you the foundation of computer skills you need to make using a PC at work easy.
Previous Experience and Knowledge Needed?
This is a follow on course; you will need to be at a good level – Level 1.
By the end of this 10 week course participants will be able to:
• Understand the importance of using internet and email in a safe and secure way.
• Create various types of documents making use of templates, incorporating tables, and images.
• Modify appearance of tables in Excel making use of basic formulas and functions to generate graphs and charts.
• Apply animation and transition effects in Powerpoint, check and correct content before finally printing and giving simple presentations.
• Share and distribute documents via the cloud
Extra costs on the course for example text book, materials or equipment:
For the first session you will need to bring:
A folder to store any handouts. Note book & pen for any notes. Please bring a memory stick or there is an opportunity to buy one from your class teacher.
On completion of this course, what might your next steps be?
Your tutor will advise you on courses.
The Learn and Train office is able to give course information or search for alternative courses for you.
Jacqui AndreI have been teaching crochet and ICT for many years. I have a love of crafts which I enjoy sharing with adults.