(Tuesday) 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Coleridge Community College
Radegund Rd, Cambridge CB1 3RJ
length of course
Book a place on the course
Contact the office if you require more information on 01223 712340
Brief Description Corned Beef & Cabbage maybe most popular dishes to eat on St. Patrick's Day. However, it's not an authentic Irish recipe—it's Irish-American. Irish immigrants invented the dish when they
Corned Beef & Cabbage maybe most popular dishes to eat on St. Patrick’s Day. However, it’s not an authentic Irish recipe—it’s Irish-American. Irish immigrants invented the dish when they first settled in New York City and started eating the corned beef sold at kosher butchers.
From delicious lamb to roasted potatoes, there are many truly Irish dishes to make to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day.
On the day we will make
Irish Brown Bread & carrot Soup
Stout-braised steak with crushed potato colcannon
Previous Experience and Knowledge Needed?
By the end of the day learners will have the opportunity to:
• Make a range of dishes and variations discussed with confidence.
• Be introduced To modern day skills and the use of new ingredients.
• Gain confidence to experiment further on your own.
• Build confidence and enjoyment in cooking.
• Have an introduction to basic methods of preparation of food and cooking
• Develop a better understanding of food hygiene & cooking in the kitchen.
Extra costs on the course for example text book, materials or equipment:
You will be given the ingredients on the day. There are no extra fees
For the first session you will need to bring:
Please bring an apron, dish cloth and tea towel as well as leak-proof containers to take your cooked foods in.
On completion of this course, what might your next steps be?
The Learn and Train office is able to give course information or search for alternative courses for you.