2023mon17apr(apr 17)7:00 pmmon26jun(jun 26)9:00 pmSpanish: Beginners 3£112 (£68 concession) The world is opening up again, start your journey into the Spanish Language now.Parkside Community CollegeDay:Monday length of course: 8 weeks
April 17 (Monday) 7:00 pm - June 26 (Monday) 9:00 pm
Parkside Community College
Parkside, Cambridge, CB1 1EH
length of course
BRIEF DESCRIPTION In this interactive Spanish for beginners' course, you will learn how to communicate effectively in everyday situations in Spanish speaking countries (Spain and 20 Latin American countries). You will
In this interactive Spanish for beginners’ course, you will learn how to communicate effectively in everyday situations in Spanish speaking countries (Spain and 20 Latin American countries). You will develop your speaking and writing skills through listening reading and interacting with your Spanish native speaker tutor along with your classmates in a relaxing and enjoyable class. Your interests, needs and goals will be taken into consideration to make the learning experience appealing and meaningful. To complete the full course and cover all the learning outcomes listed below you will need to attend three terms (there is no obligation to attend more than one term).
This term is priced for 8 weeks, due to the amount of bank holidays in May. The three bank holidays this term are: no class on 1st May (Early May Bank Holiday), 8th May (Bank Holiday for the coronation of King Charles lll), 29th May (Spring Bank Holiday and half term).
This will be the third term, you should have covered the content listed below for First and Second Term
By the end of the one-year course you will have the opportunity to learn how to:
• Greet people, give and ask for personal information (name, age, profession, nationality, etc).
• Express intention and motive of what you do (why you want to learn Spanish or travel to Spain or Latin America).
• Describe Spanish Speaking countries -or those of learners- and their main features (culture, food, music, art and weather) -Verb SER-.
• Express existence -Hay (there is/there are)- and location (Verb ESTAR).
• Go shopping (ask for products, price and express preference and need).
• Introduce your family.
• Describe people (physical appearance and personality).
• Express likes and dislikes (Verb GUSTAR).
• Explain your daily routine (Reflexive Verbs).
• Order food and drinks in a restaurant or bar.
• Describe towns, local areas, their amenities and services.
• Give and ask for directions (Tourism and sightseeing).
• Explain past experiences (Pretérito Perfecto Compuesto -Present Perfect-).
• Talk about skills and abilities.
EXTRA COSTS ON THE COURSE FOR EXAMPLE TEXT BOOK, MATERIALS OR EQUIPMENT:
There is a textbook which the tutor will discuss with you.
Previous Experience and Knowledge Needed?
FOR THE FIRST SESSION YOU WILL NEED TO BRING
A notebook and pen
ON COMPLETION OF THIS COURSE, WHAT MIGHT YOUR NEXT STEPS BE?
Learners will be able to proceed to the Spanish Improvers course after 3 terms of tuition. there is no obligation to attend more than one term.
Adult Learn and Train offer courses through-out the year.
Try similar courses or look at learning something completely new.
You will find provision on some Saturday and Sundays , you will also find courses available in the day and evening at different venues in Cambridge. Courses vary in length from one-off sessions to 10 weeks or more
TO BOOK YOUR PLACE
£112 (£68 concession) to book please call 01223 712340
Irene Fra GalvezI am a native Spanish speaker and I originally moved to Cambridge in 2013. I have worked in the education sector in Spain, I also spent an academic year working as an assistant Professor of Spanish at Bates University, Maine USA. As well as this, I have taught Spanish in adult education in this country. My skills as a native Spanish speaker and art & design teacher will undoubtedly prove very useful when delivering the syllabus, modules, and the oral practice